The stairs were finally completed this week. They'd been half-done for almost a month, since the first contractors we hired skipped out without finishing because they didn't know what they were doing and we called them on it. Hmph.
Also, the last peice of bamboo flooring has been laid, and all that remains of floor-related projects is some trim around the fireplace and a couple of gaps that need to be filled. All the big stuff is out of the way though. What a relief!
Theresa took some time (I don't know where she found it) to paint the art room. It's periwinkle now, and looks brand new. It had white walls before, and by "white" I mean "used to be white until the previous owner smoked cigarettes in the room for five years." So it's quite well improved, and probably her favorite room in the house. Mine, of course, is the downstairs closet, where I play "Harry Potter."
Speaking of H.P., Theresa and I went to the movie last week, and yesterday we read book seven! It's sad that the series is over, but we own all the books and most of the movies, so we can go back anytime we want.
We got a fish, a betta. We named her Bellatrix. Go figure. Below, you can see pictures of the fish and also of Theresa's Harry Potter tattoo. Sometimes people are intimidated by our coolness, but you don't have to be! We put our pants on one leg at a time, just like everybody else. If we're even wearing pants. Which I'm not. It's hot in Nashville.
6 comments:
Six and Theresa.
Your floors look great. My floors look like they might look great soon. We're about 1/3 done with the kitchen. Which used to look like a giant checkerboard. A really dirty one. One that wouldn't come clean no matter how many small children you had on their hands and knees with those handy disinfecting wipes. Incidentally - we had six children on their hands and knees. More than once. No luck.
So - new floors. Not real wood, though. Laminate. But it looks like wood. So we are going to use our imaginations. (If the cat is in the box and you don't open it - it may be both dead AND alive. It's only when you open the box that it must be one or the other. I figure the same applies to the floor. If I don't open it. Then I'm good. And opening it would kinda ruin it. So, it can remain in a both-real-and-not-real state forever.) Shrug.
Right. Anyway. It will look nice eventually. Whether or not it really IS nice is something else entirely. :) Regardless, it's fun to work on.
Four.
Did you just make reference to Schrodinger's Cat? While talking about laminate flooring? I don't know whether to be frightened or impressed.
Orange you glad that child labor laws don't penetrate into the home!
.six.
wow, those comments were intense.
ugh, the floor looks really cool! you must have worked your behinds off.
eight.
oh yeah, and nice tatoo Theresa! You will have to see Matthews dark mark, very cool!
Hey, P.S., Catie, you are five.
Do I get a number now that I am family?
And yes, my tattoo is quite awesome. The remnants of it are still on my arm; a small reminder of that oh-so-fabulous day when HP 7 came in the mail.
Matthew does that mean you're a Slytherin?
Post a Comment